NEW YORK STATE LEADERSHIP GROUP WELCOMES NEW EDUCATIONAL LEADER TO PROFESSIONAL TEAM
Following her retirement on January 1, 2020, Barbara A. Battaglia has agreed to become a NYSLG consultant. Barb is currently the Director of Data Research, Accountability, Assessments, CIO and Central Registration for the Kenmore-Tonawanda UFSD.
Beginning in 2001, Barb has governed the following district information systems in her district:
- Student Management Data
- District Central Registration
- District Data Required by NYSED Insuring Accurate Data for School Reporting and Accountability (ESCA)
- District 504 Planning
- District Data Coordination
- Beds and TSDL Data
- Truancy Improvement Planning
- Chronic Absentee Planning
- McKinney Vento
- Civil Rights Reports
- NYS Assessment Reporting For Grades 3-8 and Regents Testing
- NYSAA and NYSESLAT Reporting
- Records Retention Planning
- APPR Submission Forms
- Comprehensive Professional Development Related to Data Drive School Improvement Processes
Her outstanding expertise in all these areas is based on a foundation of her prior service as an elementary principal, high school and middle school assistant principalships, adjunct professor and public school teacher. Her own professional development is very extensive and reflects her belief in the importance of life-long learning.
Barb serves the Data Analysis Technical Advisory Group (DATAG) as a board member and chair. For the last 13 years she has been a member of the SED ESSA Task Force providing advice to NYSED. Barb has led many highly effective workshops for area school districts, BOCES and higher educational institutions. Few, if any, consultants in New York State have as deep a background in data analysis and applications as does Barbara.
Please contact Robert Christmann, New York State Leadership Director at (716)777-0451 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Barbara Battaglia’s consultant service availability.