NIAGARA FRONTIER INDUSTRY EDUCATION COUNCIL (NFIEC) APPLICATION FOR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
The Board of Directors of the Niagara Frontier Industry Education Council seeks a highly qualified leader to be its Executive Director. The search process will be completed by September 1, 2019.
Robert Christmann is assisting the NFICE Board of Directors with the selection process.
THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL SEARCH PROCESS
The names of the candidates will be known only to the members of the Board of Directors. Only the successful candidate will be named publicly and only after a contract is signed by all parties.
The consultant will be responsible for screening candidates and presenting all applicants to the Board of Directors. An internal committee will be created to conduct the interview process. The Board of Directors will make all the decisions related to the selection process, the evaluation of candidates and the final appointment.
Interviews are tentatively scheduled for late August – early September, 2019.
PROFILE OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The NFIEC is seeking a proven leader with a documented record of accomplishments. The successful candidate must build trust with the board members, school district staff and business representatives through a highly effective communications skillset and collaborative management style.
Building on the non-profits strong foundation of success, the selected candidate must continue to
develop positive relationships with all stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director must be knowledgeable of and committed to the organization’s mission. Specific
- Advanced degree with at least 5 years of management related experience
- Track record of effectively leading an outcome based organization
- Experience in developing and operationalizing strategies to promote organizational growth
- Commitment to high quality programs and data driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with a proven ability to coach staff and manage and develop high performance teams
- Budget development and implementation experience
- Past experience in working with a Board of Directors
- Strong skills in marketing, public relations and fundraising
- Strong written and verbal skills which combine to create a persuasive and passionate communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Action oriented, entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Possess passion, idealism, integrity, a positive attitude and a mission driven and self-directed philosophy
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for programs, expansion of services and financial support and execution of its mission. He/she will initially develop a deep
knowledge of NFIEC’s core programs, operations, business plans and stakeholders.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring ongoing programmatic excellence and rigorous program evaluations
- Financial planning to ensure long term organizational success via increases in revenue
- Recommending timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals mutually developed with the Board of Directors
- Actively engage and energize members of the Board of Directors, serve as ex-officio member of any committees created, seek and build board involvement with the strategic direction
- Expand local revenue through program expansion and added services
- Deepen and refine all aspects of internal and external communications
- Evaluate and improve the web presence with the goal of creating a strong brand
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Complete a strategic business planning process for program expansion
- Expand partnerships with sponsors as well as school, business, governmental, political and community leaders
- Communicate program results with recommendations for improvement
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, August 12, 2019
- ANTICIPATED APPOINTMENT: Monday, August 19, 2019
- ANTICIPATED START DATE: Monday, August 26, 2019
Candidates must submit the following by Monday, August 12, 2019:
- Completed application (available here)
- Cover letter
MATERIALS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Robert W. Christmann, Executive Director
New York State Leadership Group
SUNY Buffalo State
306 Bacon Hall
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14222
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org